C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. Warehouse Order Selector in DuBois, Pennsylvania
As an Item Selector, you will be responsible for safe, accurate and efficient selection of general merchandise products for shipment to stores. You will work individually selecting full-case grocery, frozen, and/or perishable products from warehouse pick slots using a pallet jack or other equipment. You will either use order sheets or an audio headset. You will then fit the items on a pallet, plastic wrap the bundles, and in some cases, load them onto a trailer. All of our employees are expected to make safety their top priority.
Summary of Benefits
As a local employer of choice in the community, C&S is proud to offer our employees a competitive benefit package that includes:
• 401(K) Savings Plan
• Paid Personal/Sick and Vacation Time in the first year for all hourly non-union employees
• Holiday Pay
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Weekly Pay
• Sign-On Bonus of $2500
Realistic Job Preview Videos
• Please Review our Perishable Facility Video here. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1N5DfoKLqY&t=10s)
• Please review our Realistic Job Preview here. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US--J6mB_a4)
• Accurately listen to voice commands and select products from racks or stock weighing up to 60lbs. While visually inspecting products for damage or improper packaging. While safely and accurately working at a steady pace, correctly identifying and counting items.
• Move pallet on an electric pallet jack until full or order is complete
• Place order into totes and place on conveyors
• Assist in stocking functions; cutting boxes open and placing into inventory locations
• Work in safe and effective manner; keep work area clean and sanitary
• Must be able to work overtime in order to complete store orders when necessary
• Travel Required: No
• Warehouse: Perishable Warehouse (28F to 60F)
• Specialized Knowledge : Ability to operate pallet jack and other required materials handling equipment (MHE). Ability to operate pallet jack and other required materials handling equipment (MHE). Ability to operate battery hoist Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
• Special Skills : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, ability and other characteristics required: Demonstrates commitment and ability to work safely. Show reliability and maintain satisfactory attendance. Produce quality work. Ability to maintain required productivity/work expectations.
• Physical abilities: : Never balancing, sitting. Occasionally climbing up to 4 ft. (Must have fall protection training and using proper fall protection equipment). Occasionally smelling, crawling, kneeling, and talking. Occasionally, feeling, fingering, gripping and carrying up to 60 Lbs. Frequently lifting up to 60 Lbs. Continuously stooping, pivoting and reaching (level: Waist/overhead, etc.). Continuously standing and walking on surface type (s): Carpet, tile, concrete. continuously handling hearing, seeing and repetitive movement using both hands and feet.
• Other: : Key Competencies
• (People) •Inspires Trust • Builds upon your Talent • Creates an Inclusive Work Environment : (Business) • Drives for Results • Drives Continuous Improvement & Innovation • Facilitates Change
Years of Experience
• 0-2: Relevant Experience
General Equivalency Diploma - General Studies, High School Diploma - General Studies
2nd Shift (United States of America)
About Our Company
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. , based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 6,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 150,000 different products. At C&S, We Select the Best® – those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.
Working Safely is a Condition of Employment at C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. C&S Wholesale Grocers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Job Family: Operations
Job Type: Regular
Job Code: JC0661