C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. Senior Account Manager in Houston, Texas
Senior Account Executive, Chain Sales
A Senior Account Executive , Chain Sales, will serve as the on-site liaison between C&S and our customer. This role will coordinate with the customer and C&S corporate partners regarding contract deliverables, service level issues, inventory management, costing, and troubleshooting day to day issues. This role will manage direct reports to support the customer and daily tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maximize sales with existing customer, using the C&S programs and apply individual knowledge and experience in both retail and wholesale to increase sales and gross profit for our customer.
- Establish and follow an escalation process to ensure the customer and the C&S partners are aware of all inventory issues that have the potential impact the business, and identify and implement process improvements to eliminate or minimize inventory issues that might negatively impact the business and track and report on results weekly in the following areas: Leftover Ad Inventory, Dead/Excess Inventory, Unauthorized/Reserve Inventory Management, Discontinued, Slow Moving and Close Coded Items.
- Build working relationship with C&S regional staff and customer. Understand the obstacles and challenges from both sides in order to resolve issue and find solutions.
- Manage, report and facilitate capacity planning across all C&S warehouse locations on a daily, monthly, quarterly basis.
- Resolve issues relating to billing and weekly statements. Requiring the knowledge and the resources to find solution to customer financial questions
- Coordinate and participate in scheduling and delivery issues. Work with Transportation to establish and adjust schedules, particular for seasonal and holiday changes.
- Lead relationship management and issue resolution with customer senior leadership
- Prepare materials and participate in customer business reviews.
- Manage distribution smoothing across all warehouse locations based on capacity plans; communicate final plans back to the customer. Coordinate between customer and C&S special buy programs, such as shipper program, holiday candy, seasonal events, and holiday items. Monitor and report daily volume based on capacity plan; troubleshoot and in act capacity contingency plan if required.
- Manage direct reports
Temperature (Select all that apply)
Office Temperature (65F to 75F)
Travel Required: Yes
Work Complexity - IC
Has working knowledge and experience in own discipline and continues to build knowledge of the organization, processes and customers. Tasks are non-sequential, performed in parallel, and in services to event, schedule, or project timelines. Work is sometimes standardized and sometimes non-standardized. There is responsibility for budget, revenue, and/or expenditures, and for resolving ambiguous or newly emerging issues. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction with occasional checks while work is in progress. Work is reviewed upon completion.
Grocery wholesale or grocery retail experience preferred; Retail sales or account management experience a plus.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point. Knowledge of procurement and merchandising aspects of the food retail business.
Strong analytical skills required. Effective communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and team playing skills. Bilingual (Spanish) Able to be influential, negotiate, and establish positive working relationships across the organization and with all levels of management.
Willing to work outside normal business hours and very occasional weekend when necessary.
As a local employer of choice in the community, C&S is proud to offer our employees a competitive benefit package that includes:
• 401(K) Savings Plan
• Paid Personal/Sick and Vacation Time in the first year for all hourly non-union employees
• Flexible scheduling opportunities
• Eligible for Day 1 Benefits
• Holiday Pay
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Weekly Pay
• Joining Bonus that are applicable
1st Shift (United States of America)
GSC Wholesale LLC
About Our Company
Grocers Supply , based in Houston, is the largest wholesale grocery supplier in Texas, supplying over 900 independent grocery stores. Grocers Supply serves customers of all sizes, from single store independent retailers to chains, such as: Fiesta, FoodTown, Market Basket, Cox Foodarama / La Fiesta, Sellers Brothers, Minyard Food Stores, G. E. Foodland, and El Rio Grande.
Working Safely is a Condition for Employment with GSC Wholesale, LLC. GSC Wholesale, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Company: GSC Wholesale LLC
Job Area: Sales Service
Job Family: Sales
Job Type: Regular
Job Code: JC0700