C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. Assistant Director of Operations in West Allis, Wisconsin
The Assistant Director of Operations will be responsible for supporting the Director Distribution Operations leader in the warehouse, transportation, and The Assistant Director of Operations will be responsible for supporting the Director Distribution Operations leader in the warehouse, transportation, and supportive operational functions for the distribution center to ensure that results meet or exceed customer expectations, financial and operational results, and talent development objectives. This position will own and lead campus activities relevant to Safety, Quality Assurance, Training, and Employee Engagement.
PLEASE NOTE : This job is located ON-SITE in Sheboygan, WI * Relocation assistance will be provided.
· Evaluate performance and potential of all distribution center functions, address performance gaps, and take corrective action to ensure delivery against operating objectives. Identifies opportunities to improve processes that result in lowered expense and/or improved execution with an understanding of how each change affects key stakeholders. Prepares operating budgets for assigned warehouse, reviews and finalizes operating budgets with the Director of Operations. Accountable for developing and implementing work processes that ensure achievement of budgetary and service goals. Support preparation of and delivery against annual operation plans for campus operations. .
· Create high customer service expectations among team members; monitor results, address gaps. Communicate with Account Team, Customer Service, Senior Leadership, and Customer on any late deliveries, special requests, or service gaps.
· Direct the adoption and use of improved processes, new assets, and new facilities; accountable for achieving incremental business results from the use of these investments. Collaborate cross functionally with other business units as needed to ensure customer satisfaction, further company initiatives, and drive company results.
· Maintain a safe environment for team members and visitors in accordance with company policies and health and safety regulations; accountable for providing a safe work environment, elimination of accidents, and the security of distribution center facilities and team members while on property. Oversee record keeping, regulatory compliance, inspections, audits, safety training, associate development, etc.
· Assist in the development of individual and team performance improvement goals aimed at supporting achievement of campus and company objectives. Conduct performance appraisals. Support succession planning, team building, and engagement activities.
· Create a culture of engagement aligned with the C&S values and through team building activities
· Travel Required: No
· Warehouse: Perishable Warehouse (28F to 60F)
· Warehouse: Freezer (-20F to 0F)
· Warehouse: Grocery Warehouse (50F to 90F)
· Office: Office Temperature (65F to 75F)
· Specialized Knowledge: Extensive experience and skill in retail distribution processes, logistics, supply chain management, warehouse operations, transportation operations
· Special Skills: Familiarity with D.O.T regulations, tractor/trailer operations
· Physical abilities: Position requires sitting at a workstation and working on a computer. The role will also entail walking in outdoor and/or warehouse environments.
· Other: Strong leadership skills including team facilitation, training, and motivation; able to work well with all levels of team members with different background and needs, experience in a Union environment is required.
Years Of Experience
· 7+ years Work experience in retail operations, distribution, transportation, logistics and / or supply chain management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bachelor's Degree - General Studies
Piggly Wiggly Midwest LLC
About Our Company
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. , based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 6,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 150,000 different products. At C&S, We Select the Best® – those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.
Working Safely is a Condition of Employment at C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. C&S Wholesale Grocers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Company: Piggly Wiggly Midwest LLC
Job Area: Warehouse Operations
Job Family: Operations
Job Type: Regular
Job Code: JC1707